Friday, January 29, 2010

Three Cups of Tea Festival (Blech..)

Dear Diary,

Well... today went pretty well. My school had this Three Cups of Tea (Three Cups of Crap...the book was so boring) festival thingy and everyone got to miss 1st and 2nd period. It wasn't fun but at least I got to socialize with some old friends that I haven't seen in a while.

My class paired up with... a gifted class (smart asses/CBGeebies) for the festival. First we went to one of the computer labs to do this online thing about Central Asia. Megan was my partner for it. It was so boring; we just sat around and watched the guy sitting next to us play fotball and kite fighting (soccer....why do they spell it fotball!?!?) on the computer. Oh yeah...and then I realized the guy I liked last year was in that smart ass/CBGeebie gifted class and his class was paired with mine. His eyes are so...blue. Haha

Then Ashton...
(one of my best friends) said "OMG do not eat any of the food they give you...it tastes nasty".

After that my class/group went to... the band room to watch a mini (mini as in 2 minutes) play performed by these kids from another school. They sucked (theatre wise) but I clapped anyways.

When... everyone went to the cafeteria for the food tasting part. Ashton was right. The food did taste nasty. There was an oily piece of baklava (personally I hate baklava it's way too oily and sticky and for some reason Shaheena likes it.), a dry piece of chicken (everyone said it was really goat meat), rice with nasty seasonings, and a dry piece of bread (the only thing that tasted okay). I took one bite of each and finished the bread. Blech... Katherine didn't like it either.

I had... the taste of that food in my mouth for 2 hours....ewwww. In the gym we looked around at Central Asian stuff and me, Sarah H., Ren, and Lily saw the prettiest bangles. Lily wanted to buy them but the dude at that station said they weren't for sale. We just looked at them. They were so shiny and beautiful. After that I was just bored and looking around. I chatted with Josh and Megan and asked Logan if I could copy his Social Studies homework. He said yes so I hugged him. Logan is really friendly.

Before we went... to the library we were waiting at the door. I was so bored and Riley, this tall guy, and Olivia were talking about the weirdest things haha. And Wesley technically pushed me into the courtyard. Wesley freaks me out. He's so weird. In the library my science teacher from last year and a few other teachers were dressed in traditional Pakistan bridal outfits and this lady explained everything about weddings in Pakistan. It was interesting.....sorta. Then my classmate, Daniel said: "Oooo. Can I try that head dress on?" and he did. It was hilarious. Daniel thoroughly enjoyed himself....

In the auditorium... I sat by Josh and Megan and behind Jordan and Ashton. I took Josh's paper ninja star and he got pissed off. The seventh grade chorus sang the song "Three Cups of Tea" and then some seventh graders told weird stories. I was talking to Josh and Megan the whole time until Mrs. Necessary got pissed off at me and moved me where she was sitting.... She was like: "SHUT UP....You better come back here and sit with me. Don't distract everyone...". Ugh. I spent the rest of the time bored as hell without Josh and Megan, sitting next to Mrs. Necessary and this random gifted guy (that I didn't know) in her class. This lady talked about Islam stuff and there were 2 dancing guys that did really well. They got 6 volunteers up to stage (to humiliate them?!) to learn this dance. It was funny especially when Marvin did something way off line. Watching the dancing part was the only fun part in the auditorium. :P

My day... was so boring. Thank god the Three Cups of Tea (Three Cups of Crap) festival is over. At least the festival was better than Algebra and English...


I am so lame.

xoxo,
NatashaHatesYou♥

No comments:

Post a Comment